Life isn’t about what our special kids can’t do, it’s about showing others what ...THEY can do. They show us that we have more patience than we could ever imagine, more love than we thought possible, and how to fight for those without a voice. They open doors, make friends, showing others how to love.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

January 13, 2011 Open Heart Surgery

Friday it will be one year ago when Kiley had her open heart surgery to correct her VSD. That will be a day that I never forget. I remember how scared I was as they came and took her out of my arms and I watched as they carried my baby down hall. The surgery only  took about 4 to 5 hours but to me it seemed like a lifetime. I remember sitting the waiting room with the kids trying to keep them occupied and make time go by faster, but in the back of my mind all I could think about was is if  my baby girl was o.k. I was so relieved when the doctor came and told us that surgery was over and it had went well. However, at the time we were told she would require another heart surgery when she is older to correct her Pulminary artery. We have no idea as to when that time will come so we have just put it in the back of our minds for the time being. Her next heart check up will be in July and we hope to get a good report like we did in October. I am amazed as to how far Kiley has came since that day almost 1 year ago. January 13, 2011 is a day that I will never forget but will forever be thankful to Dr. Huddleston and his team for taking excellent care of baby girl. Thank you St. Louis Childrens Hospital!




No comments:

Post a Comment